- It would take less energy and effort to build;
- There would be fewer building materials used;
- More earth would be left undisturbed;
- Once it’s complete, our home will use less energy to operate;
- And less energy means more savings each month for us.
We are also on a mission to lead a simplified life, where people and experiences trump possessions. And we hope a small home will force us to cut back on the desire to purchase material things that are just that—things—and help us to focus on what’s important. We try hard to make our (few) purchases serve a purpose, or allow us to experience life in a different and exciting way. We know not everyone subscribes to that theory. But we’ve found more happiness in gifting each other a weekend hiking in the wilderness, than giving each other the latest gizmo.
There will be no clutter in this home!! (Yeah, right…)