Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Salvaged Bathroom Vanities

Yep. I know I told you one of our vanities was coming from Craigslist in the form of a dry sink. Well, much to our disappointment, the transaction didn’t work out. We visited the piece of furniture one snowy day and were surprised to find a shelf that was nearly invisible in the picture posted online. It would have impeded our plans to install a vessel sink and faucet.

Weeks went by and we searched for the perfect salvaged cabinet or table that could serve as our vanities. Initially, we thought it would be pretty easy to find something that would work. We were wrong. Either that, or we are picky! I'm happy to report that we finally found them. And we are in love with them. Especially this one.


What is it? Good question. The local salvage store labeled it: “Corn stalk chopper?” Seems they weren’t too sure either. But after some research, I’m pretty sure they tagged it right. And I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the coolest-looking bathroom vanity I’ve seen. We’re going to keep this on the first floor and install this vessel sink from Lowes...


...and this Delta faucet on top. (Both sink and faucet will be mounted towards the wider-ended side.)


For our second floor bathroom, we found this gem hiding in our basement. We’d apparently taken the castoff from someone who was moving to a new house and forgot all about it. I think it has 'rustic bathroom vanity' written all over it. Don’t you?


We’re going to place this Kraus vessel sink and this Delta faucet on top.




I’m not a “visual” person, so it’s been difficult for me to picture what everything will look like when all is said and done. But, for some reason, I can “see” these vanities! And I hope their old-fashioned charm will help to balance some of the more modern flooring and bath/shower choices we’ve made.

2 comments:

  1. Who says you're not visual. I think your choices and the combination of rustic in the wood and the simplicity of the vanities and faucets are perfect.

    I like the idea of you being picky! It gave you patience and look what you got in return.

    Congratulations! I can't wait to see the finished product.

    Juliette
    www.vanities360.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Juliette! I hope you are right about the combination being perfect...I'll be sure to post pics when it's all together. :)

    ReplyDelete