Friday, March 26, 2010

A Salvage Sneak Peek...

Oh my! I can’t believe we’re moving this Sunday … I wonder when it will start to feel real. Perhaps when we wake up in our home and don’t have to greet the Presby crew? I’ll keep you posted on when it feels like home. Until then, here’s some eye candy.

I received some photos from Presby that show some of our salvaged items in their finished state. Remember the corn stalk chopper we purchased from Admac Salvage? Let me refresh your memory.


After some retrofitting, here is our one-of-a-kind first floor bathroom vanity now.


Early on, we purchased a soapstone kitchen sink that had been ripped out of the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine during a renovation of their anatomy labs. This is what our kitchen sink looked like when we first got it.


After a good scrubbing, we sealed the sink with natural mineral spirits. It's currently installed and looking gorgeous in our soon-to-be kitchen. Take a look for yourself!


We have more salvaged items that I'll show you once we see them for ourselves in a few short days!

Stay tuned for pictures of our master bath vanity, bathroom mirrors and more.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my. I can't wait to see more. I love your choices and YOU are going to love this house. As if you don't already:-). It will feel like home as soon as the two of you are moved into it. Home is where your family is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! I LOVE it! So happy for you guys & can't wait until we can come see you settled in your new HOME! Good luck with everything this weekend! If you need ANYTHING, please let us know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fantastic! You guys are so creative! I can't wait to see more pictures...and congratulations on moving in!

    ReplyDelete